According to the latest WHO report, 2,014 cases of corona virus have been identified worldwide. According to data from 25 January 2020 Corona virus in China 41 deaths have been reported to date (39 deaths in Hubei province, one death in Hebei province and one in Heilongjiang province).
Key points of the report are as follows
WHO Daily situation report No.6 for Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) : 26th January 2020
Data as reported by: 26 January 2020
- On 26 January 2020, the number of reported confirmed cases of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) has increased by 694 cases since the last situation report published yesterday.
- A total of 2,014 confirmed 2019-nCoV cases have been reported globally;
- Of the 2,014 cases reported, 1,985 cases were reported from China, including Hong Kong SAR (5 confirmed cases), Macau SAR (2 confirmed cases) and Taipei (3 confirmed cases).
- Twenty-nine confirmed cases have been reported outside of China in ten countries (see table-1). – Of these 29 exported cases, 26 had a travel history from Wuhan City, China.
- Among the three cases identified in countries outside of China: – One case in Australia had direct contact with a confirmed case from Wuhan while in China; – One case in Australia reported today; travel history is not yet known. – One case in Viet Nam had no travel history but was in contact with a confirmed case (his father with travel history to Wuhan), resulting from human to human transmission within a family.
- Of the 1,975 confirmed cases (excluding Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR and Taipei), 324 cases have been reported as severely ill2 . • Fifty-six deaths have been reported to date (52 deaths in Hubei province and 4 from outside Hubei).
WHO’s assessment of the risk of this event has not changed since the last risk assessment conducted on 22 January: very high in China, high at the regional level and high at the global level.3
Reported incidence of confirmed 2019-nCoV cases
Republic of Korea 2
Viet Nam 2
Region of the Americas United States of America 2
European Region France 3
Total Confirmed cases Total 2,014
*Confirmed cases in China include cases confirmed in Hong Kong SAR (5 confirmed cases), Macau SAR (2 confirmed cases) and Taipei (3 confirmed cases).