Be aware : main risk factor for COPD is smoking.
on this day 20th November, World COPD Day is celebrated all
over the world. According to a document of NHLBI (National Heart, Lung, and
Blood Institute; National Institutes of Health; U.S. Department of Health and
Human Services.) COPD, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, is a
progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe. Progressive means the
disease gets worse over time.
risk factor for COPD is smoking.
Up to 75
percent of people who have COPD smoke or used to smoke. People who have a
family history of COPD are more likely to develop the disease if they smoke.
exposure to other lung irritants also is a risk factor for COPD.
other lung irritants include air pollution, chemical fumes and dusts from the
environment or workplace, and secondhand smoke, which is smoke in the air from
other people smoking.
people who have COPD are at least 40 years old when symptoms begin.
uncommon, people younger than 40 can have COPD. This may occur, for example, if
a person has a predisposing health issue, such as the genetic condition known
as alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency.
(Note – This news is not a medical consultation
in any case. You can not make any decision based on this news story. Do not
become a doctor yourself, consult a qualified doctor.)
Please subscribe to our YouTube channel
Source: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute; National Institutes of Health; U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Justice Katju asked- Should films have a social concern?
- What kind of comparison did Justice Katju make between Pakistani media and Indian media?
- #Breaking: Latest News |Today’s big news headlines | 26 January 2023 news.
- Pathan moviegoers are like the Roman mob, writes Justice Katju
- Why is Justice Katju against ‘Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone’s film Pathan’? learn from him