Top 10 headlines this night : 20th
at India Gate as Congress to organise marches
Gandhi attacked government in a video message and showed solidarity with the
agitating students, party general secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra again went to
India Gate on Friday to protest against the Citizenship Act. Priyanka said that
the CAA is anti-poor and demonstration should be held peacefully, extending the
party’s support to the agitation which has intensified since Sunday after Jamia
Millia Islamia incident.
polls predict JMM-Cong-RJD govt in Jharkhand
polls have predicted the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha-Congress-Rashtriya Janata Dal
alliance to form the government in Jharkhand where the fifth and final phase of
polling concluded on Friday.
bound to implement CAA: Rajasthan Governor
chief minister Ashok Gehlot on Friday reiterated that Citizenship Amendment Act
is impractical and hence cannot be implemented in state, Rajasthan Governor
Kalraj Mishra asserted that India enjoys cooperative federalism where there is
no absolute autonomy for states.
seeks Mamata’s apology over UN-referendum remark
Minister Prakash Javadekar on Friday sought an apology from West Bengal Chief
Minister Mamata Banerjee over her demand for an UN-monitored referendum on the
Citizenship (Amendment) Act (CAA) and the National Register of Citizens (NRC),
and called her remark an “insult to 130 crore” Indians.
supporting CAB, LJP says it wanted ‘discussions’
supporting the Citizenship Amendment Bill’s passage in Parliament, NDA
constituent LJP on Friday has released a letter written to Home Minister Amit
Shah where it asked for “discussion” on the matter.
Jaipur blasts : All four convicts sentenced to death
court at Jaipur on Friday sentenced to death the four terrorists convicted of
involvement in the 2008 Jaipur serial blasts that killed 71 people and injured
quake hits Afghanistan, Pak; tremors felt in India
earthquake measuring 6.4 on the Richter scale struck Afghanistan and Pakistan
on Friday evening, with casualties and property damage feared.
is Australia’s first women’s ITF world champion
tennis player Ash Barty has said she was honoured after being named
International Tennis Federation (ITF) 2019 World Champion alongside Rafael
sell ‘the jewel’, half a dozen Air India unions appeal to PM
In a fervent
appeal to Narendra Modi, over half a dozen Air India unions, including those of
pilots, have urged the Prime Minister to stop disinvestment of the airline.
267 million Facebook users leaked online
A database containing personal details of more than 267 million Facebook users was allegedly left exposed on the web, according to a report from Britain-based tech research firm Comparitech and security researcher Bob Diachenko.
- White Turtle Studios – The team behind 2019’s most viewed trailer ‘Panga’.
- ‘I’M POSSIBLE’ authored by Dr K Hari Prasad released by a galaxy of celebs!
- It is time for Indian institutions to stand up and act to protect democracy
- Aparshakti Khurrana, Neha Sharma, Dino Morea at launch party of New club Ophelia
- 30% of girls from the poorest families never set foot inside a classroom; A Big Barrier for India’s Development : Ambarish Rai, National Convener, RTE Forum
- WHO mourns passing of Dr Peter Salama
- New Graphene supercapacitor will boost energy in defence applications
- President of India urged to direct J&K Admn. to release all political prisoners on R.Day
- #Breaking : Novel coronavirus 2019, All countries should be prepared for containment, including active surveillance, early detection, isolation and case management : WHO
- Top 10 headlines this night : 23rd January 2020
Topics – Top 10 headlines this night,
Top 10 headlines, BUSINESSES, CLIMATE ENVIRONMENT AND SCIENCE, CRIME, INDIA,
short news for today, tomorrows news headlines in English for school assembly,
Top Headlines, News Headlines, Top News, Headlines Today Top Stories, Top News
Headlines, INTERNATIONAL, NEWS, POLITICS, SOCIAL MEDIA, SPORTS.