Deputy General Secretary of CPI Comrade Gurudas Dasgupta passed away
Gurudas Dasgupta, former Deputy General Secretary of CPI passed away at his
residence in Kolkata today. He had dedicated his life for the working class and
has served the working class inside and outside the parliament and formerly as
General Secretary of AITUC.
Dasgupta was among the veteran leaders of the country
He was born
on 3 November 1936. Gurdas Dasgupta has been a three-time Rajya Sabha MP, as well
as he was counted among the veteran leaders of the country.
built a strong broad united platform of working class. He was the leader of CPI
Parliamentary party in both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha.
His voice in
the parliament exposed several corruption scandals including Harshad Mehtas.
He was the
powerful voice of the underdog in Parliament. Starting his dedication to the
poor from student and youth movement in West Bengal and went on to build
militant trade union struggles across the country.
sharply on Pranab Mukherjee
Dasgupta was famous for keeping his words open. During the tenure of the Manmohan
Singh government, Dasgupta, while making a sharp comment on the budget for the
fiscal year 2012-13, had said that there was no need for Pranab Mukherjee as
the Union Finance Minister, that this budget could prepare a clerical.
will be held tomorrow i.e. 1st Nov’19 in Kolkata.
to Com. Gurudas Dasgupta.
- A new automated system to detect colorectal cancer
- New WHO/IAEA publication provides guidance on radiotherapy equipment to fight cancer
- Alice in Puristan : the King of Puristan
- The whole country will miss an outstanding judge when Rohinton Nariman retires in August this year
- RSS-BJP RULERS OF INDIA COMPETING WITH NAZI GERMANY IN PERSECUTING SATIRISTS