RBI Governor said inflation may rise. Top 10 headlines this night.
hikes, discrimination trigger unrest on varsity campuses Fee hikes,
discrimination trigger unrest on varsity campuses
across the country are becoming the hotbeds of unrest, discontent and
disillusionment with fee hikes being a major trigger for student protests in
Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal “Nishank” said in the Rajya Sabha on
Thursday, the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) fee hike was meant to meet the
increased expenditure on hostel maintenance and run them on a “no-profit,
bypolls: Heavy turnout in rural, poor in Bengaluru
62.18 per cent average voting was registered in the crucial by-elections on
Thursday to 15 Karnataka Assembly constituencies, whose results will have a key
bearing on the state’s political future.
govt wants PMC Bank to merge with MSC Bank(28 minutes ago)
ray of hope for thousands of depositors, the Maharashtra government has
suggested merging the Punjab & Maharashtra Cooperative (PMC) Bank with the
Maharashtra State Cooperative (MSC) Bank, state minister Jayant Patil said on
join protest against BPCL takeover
leader Rahul Gandhi, who arrived on a three-day tour of his Wayanad Lok Sabha
constituency on Thursday, will join the protest by the party against
disinvestment in the public sector oil company BPCL on Saturday in front of the
Cochin refinery gate.
fight the battle: Mamata steps up attack on Bengal Guv(20:18)
an all out war against Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar, West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee on Thursday accused him of running a parallel administration in
her state, and withholding permission before even introduction of bills in the
assembly. She said her government would “fight the battle”.
acknowledges transmission of repo rate cuts in money, bond markets
Bank of India on Thursday noted that in the credit market, the 1-year median
marginal cost of funds-based lending rate (MCLR) has declined by 49 basis
points and the weighted average lending rate (WALR) on fresh rupee loans
sanctioned by banks declined by 44 basis points as against the cumulative
reduction in the policy repo rate by 135 bps during February-October 2019.
tariff hike may add to inflation: Shaktikanta Das
concerns of higher inflation in the near term, Reserve Bank Governor
Shaktikanta Das on Thursday observed that recent announcements by the telecom
operators to raise tariffs will add to the inflation rate in the country.
Court verdict in case against Imran on Dec 12
Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) in Pakistan will give its verdict on December 12 on a plea to acquit Prime Minister Imran Khan for the
attack on Pakistan’s Parliament and Pakistan Television (PTV) office.
of Trump to go ahead, says House Speaker
charges will be filed against President Donald Trump for alleged abuse of
power, US House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi said on Thursday.
15 athletes, hockey teams included in
TOPS by SAI
The Sports Authority of Indias (SAI) Mission Olympic Cell (MOC) has included the mens and womens hockey teams that have qualified for the Tokyo Olympics in the Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS). Fifteen athletes in five sports, namely Shooting, Archery, Para-Athletics, Para-Archery and Para-Badminton have also been included in TOPS.
- Students asking for the campus were expelled from the college, the government said that it is anti-national, Justice Katju writes in support of Students
- Asian-led CSO network calls on Elon Musk to engage in the decarbonization of Bitcoin.
- An objective assessment of the Indian farmers agitation
- A new platform to measure DNA modifications can have potential application in the early detection of cancer, Alzheimer’s & Parkinson’s
- #Breaking: Sardar Patel (Gujarat) Stadium renamed as Narendra Modi Stadium, Twitter trends #मोदी_मतलब_देश_चौपट
- The Sardar Patel Stadium has been renamed as Narendra Modi Stadium, taunts Justice Katju
- The whole of India should salute Mohd Aasim, and take his lead
- Only those with heads filled with gobar call cow as ‘gomata’ and venerate it: Justice Katju
- UGC wants students to take the ‘cow science’ examination, reacts Justice Katju
- Justice katju says Bengalis, “Now you will be tested”
Topics – Top 10 headlines this night,
Top 10 headlines, BUSINESSES, CLIMATE ENVIRONMENT AND SCIENCE, CRIME, INDIA,
short news for today, tomorrows news headlines in english for school assembly,
Top Headlines, News Headlines, Top News, Headlines Today Top Stories, Top News
Headlines, INTERNATIONAL, NEWS, POLITICS, SOCIAL MEDIA, SPORTS.