New Delhi, December 20th December 2019 : The National Biopharma Mission under the Department of Biotechnology has called for applications for a five-day hands-on training programme on the topic of downstream bioprocess development at the Technology Business Incubator of Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT-TBI) in Bhubaneswar from January 20 to 24.
Advanced downstream bioprocessing primarily
involves design, optimisation and trouble-shooting of chromographic processes. It requires the
development of scalable, economic and robust chromatographic processes with
purity, recovery and productivity suitable for manufacturing. The course will
address all the issues.
It will impart knowledge on a wide range of
subjects from adsorption chromatography, design issues in downstream
processing, method optimization, development of scalable three-step
purification process, optimization methods, and trouble shooting of
chromatographic processing to process
for purity, recovery, and productivity suitable for manufacturing scale.
The training would be open to entrepreneurs,
industry personnel, faculty and researchers. It will be conducted by domain
experts including specialists from the industry like GE Healthcare and the
faculty of KIIT. The trainees would also have an opportunity to interact with
leading stakeholder of the biopharma industry and get full waiver in programme
fee, workshop material, hospitality and be accommodation. KIIT-TBI, the
training venue, is one of the top ranked incubators in the country. The last date for application is December 28.
By Sunderarajan Padmanabhan
(India Science Wire)
- Waste workers reject ADB-funded incinerator in Cebu, citing job losses and environmental harm
- Zero-emission technology to manage and recycle E-waste
- Stakeholders meet on new guidelines for geo-spatial data and services
- Air Pollution in Delhi worse off in 2020 winter
- CEEW warned last year, 85 per cent districts in Uttarakhand vulnerable to extreme floods
- Researchers find the reason behind dense fog and haze in Delhi
- DBT-NIAB takes up a project to help upscale goat production
- Greta Thunberg: ‘We are speeding in the wrong direction’ on the climate crisis
- All you want to know about the ‘Great Conjunction’
- 5 years of the Paris Agreement: Where the world and India stand