New Delhi, December 20th December 2019 : The National Biopharma Mission under the Department of Biotechnology has called for applications for a five-day hands-on training programme on the topic of downstream bioprocess development at the Technology Business Incubator of Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT-TBI) in Bhubaneswar from January 20 to 24.
Advanced downstream bioprocessing primarily
involves design, optimisation and trouble-shooting of chromographic processes. It requires the
development of scalable, economic and robust chromatographic processes with
purity, recovery and productivity suitable for manufacturing. The course will
address all the issues.
It will impart knowledge on a wide range of
subjects from adsorption chromatography, design issues in downstream
processing, method optimization, development of scalable three-step
purification process, optimization methods, and trouble shooting of
chromatographic processing to process
for purity, recovery, and productivity suitable for manufacturing scale.
The training would be open to entrepreneurs,
industry personnel, faculty and researchers. It will be conducted by domain
experts including specialists from the industry like GE Healthcare and the
faculty of KIIT. The trainees would also have an opportunity to interact with
leading stakeholder of the biopharma industry and get full waiver in programme
fee, workshop material, hospitality and be accommodation. KIIT-TBI, the
training venue, is one of the top ranked incubators in the country. The last date for application is December 28.
By Sunderarajan Padmanabhan
(India Science Wire)
- 10,000 Delhiites sign up for #DelhiAgainstPollution from upcoming elections
- Breaking : Kerala government challenges Citizenship Amendment Act in Supreme Court. Ist state to do so.
- Breaking : Sonia says PM misled the nation on CAA, NPR, NRC | Top 10 headlines this night
- Delhi misses NCAP budget allocation from CPCB in first year of programme: RTI
- Breaking : In “Achchhe Din” One unemployed committed suicide every hour in 2018
- Breaking : Ruling BJP ally in Tripura continues protest against CAA
- Now glucose monitoring through saliva too
- DBT’s National Biopharma Mission to hold training programme on downstream bioprocess development
- Breaking : Exit polls predict JMM-Cong-RJD govt in Jharkhand, & Top 10 headlines
- Study finds mechanism for mother-child transmission of immunity to chickenpox