New Delhi, 21st December 2019. Modi-Shah’s CAA may be in trouble due to the recipe
suggested by Justice Markandey Katju for taking Indian citizenship to Muslims
from Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh.
Justice Markandey Katju, retired judge of the Supreme Court,
tweeted on his verified Twitter handle,
“An idea for Muslims from Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh
to get over #CAA :
Hinduism/Sikhism/Buddhism/Jainism/Christianity/Zoroastrianism and get Indian
Then after a year or two reconvert to Islam. There is no
legal bar to conversion/reconversion.”
In this thred Justice Katju added,
“You can’t change your caste, but you can change your
Justice Katju made this remark in a mild mood, his remarks were enough to spoil
the mood of CAA promoter Modi-Shah.
Renowned for his historic decisions, Justice Markandey Katju retired from the Supreme Court in 2011, after which he was the Chairman of the Press Council of India. Nowadays he is spending time in California on his stay in America and is very active on social media and is expressing his views on India’s problems openly.
You can’t change your caste, but you can change your religion.
— Markandey Katju (@mkatju) December 21, 2019
- COVID-19 Depression : Donald Trump Needs a War ?
- NPP Supremo urged PM to invite reps. of all recognized State & National pol. parties to involve all political parties in the process, fighting Coronavirus
- India’s S&T Institutions Raise their Game Against COVID-19
- Prime Minister of India, Not Priest : APPEAL TO INDIANS TO PREPARE MASKS IN FULL LIGHT – DONT SWITCH-OFF LIGHTS
- Empowered Group chaired by CEO NITI Aayog, constituted by Government of India