Navratri Fasting Tips | Navratri Fasting Rules | Navratri Fasting …
New Delhi, 21st October 2020: Fasting during Navratri is an ideal way to detox the body, enhance digestion and increase positivity. Navratri is also a very good time too lose weight and to inculcate healthy eating pattern in our life.
Navratri is the time to adopt healthy habits
According to the Mrs Bhawna Garg, Chief Dietician of Yashoda Superspeciality Hospital, Kaushambi, Ghaziabad while the benefits of fasting during Navratri are plenty, many of us fast incorrectly which further disturbs the balance in our body by having more of fried and processed food and juices etc.
Best foods for your Navratri detox diet | Tips for Navratri Fasting
According to Mrs Bhawna Garg, by following a fixed schedule we can start our fasting days with fruit diet for the first three days. You can eat sweet fruits like apple, banana, papaya, watermelon, and grapes or one can have fruit smoothies with nuts and seeds.
On the next three days, you can have a one-time meal of the traditional Navratri diet (given below) along with fresh coconut water, buttermilk, and milk Amla juice, lauk juice for the rest of the day.
And During the last three days, you can follow a traditional Navratri diet.
A conventional Navratri fasting diet is one that pacifies our digestive fire. It can be any combination of the following ingredients:
- Buckwheat (kuttu) roti, fasting rice (shamak rice), Dosa from fasting rice; Dishes made from sago (sabudana), water chestnut (singhara) flour, rajgira( chaulai), yam (suran), colocacia (arbi), boiled sweet potatoes (shakarkand), etc.
- Clarified butter (ghee), milk and buttermilk. All these have a cooling effect on the body
- Yoghurt combined with bottle gourd (lauki) and pumpkin (kaddu) Cucumber ( kheera).
- Lots of fluids – tender coconut water, vegetable soups, lemon water, buttermilk,, fruit and seed smoothies etc. Besides providing energy, they prevent dehydration and flush out the toxins released during fasting.
- Fruit salad made with papaya, pear, and apple, raw vegetables in the salad to have fibre in diet
Points to keep in mind while fasting
Use healthy cooking methods like roasting, boiling, steaming and grilling
- Avoid grains for the first few days
- Avoid any fried and heavy food
- Avoid overeating
- Have fruits with nuts and seeds for complete nutrient intake.
- Start with heavy breakfast then lunch and end up with light dinner.
- It is advisable to include 150-200 gm of salad and plenty of liquids in a day.
Breaking your fast
When you break your fast in the evening or at night, have a light meal. Avoid heavy meals as that not only makes it difficult for the system to digest but also undo the cleansing process and positive effects of fasting. Eat small quantities of easily digestible food.
Observe fast with yoga and meditation
Gentle yoga poses, stretches, twists and bendsand brisk walk, cycling complement the fasting process. It speeds up the detoxification process, and you will feel uplifted and energized.
Sample menu for Navratra
Early morning : luke warm water
Breakfast : Fruit smoothie with nuts and seeds
Mid Morning : Fresh Coconut water and rajgira gur Ladoo
Lunch : Salad Platter +Kuttu roti with Ghia Veg and Curd/Raita
Evening : Tea /green tea/Buttermilk/ Home made soups with Roasted Makhana
Dinner : Makhana Kheer
Post Dinner Milk with Nuts
aaj ki news
breaking news in English
breaking news in hindi
breaking news today
CLIMATE ENVIRONMENT AND SCIENCE
entertainment in India
Entertainment news in english
Headlines Today Top Stories
justice markandey katju
Latest India News
national news in English for school assembly
short news for today
Today news headlines in English for school assembly
tomorrows news headlines in english for school assembly
Top 10 headlines
Top 10 headlines this night
Top headlines of India today
Top News Headlines
World Health Organization