There are about 40 lakh persons identified as non-citizens in Assam. Amit Shah says he would carry on the exercise in other states also. Let us say 35 lakh are declared to be non-citizens ; what would they do with them ?The people have been given the impression that they would be sent back to Bangla Desh,but it is not possible. First of all Bangla Desh would not agree to take them ;but even if they agree to take them,they would demand the proof that they are Bangla Desh citizens. Can Modi give the proof of their being the citizens of that country ?It is an impossible task. It would mean they would remain here as ‘non-citizens’. They would be denied employment i.e. means of supporting themselves. Will the government wash its hands off them and let them starve?
to death? Starving to death several million is not a choice even for Modi-Shah duo. Then, the alternative would be to feed millions of people who do not work and contribute to the nation in anyway. What would India gain? Nothing though it would lose much: economically and otherwise.
Then why is Modi doing it?
Modi is doing it for votes at a great cost to India. He would kill three birds with one stone : increase the number of his voters by granting citizenship to the non-Muslims, reduce the number of voters who do not vote for him by not giving citizenship to the Muslims and have the satisfaction of pursuing the anti-Muslim policy of the Sangh of which he is a creature.
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- #Breaking: Modi condoles the passing away of former Assam CM Tarun Gogoi & Top 10 headlines this night
- Carbon dioxide levels continue at record levels, despite COVID-19 lockdown
- A treatment for ‘Retinitis Pigmentosa’ could be in the offing
- Social media platforms need to act against toxic and bullying messages