petitioned the British Govt from Andaman Cellular Jail seeking pardon and
promising loyalty to the Govt if released, says
Justice Markendaya Katju.
has thrown further light that Sawarkar had agreed with Jinnah on the two-nation
theory. Documents further show that the Hindu Mahasabha of which Savarkar was a
leader, joined hands with Muslim League and formed coalition Govts before 1946 in Bengal, Punjab and Sind.
It is also
true that Savarkar was co-accused with Nathuram Godse in the Gandhi
assasination conspiracy case. The question of giving Bharat Ratna to such an
extremist, disputed and controversial person, without clean hands, as Savarkar
does not arise at all.
– Aurobindo Ghose,
Human Rights Activist
- #Breaking: Latest News |Today’s big news headlines | 28 June 2022 news
- National Statistics Day 2022: Remembering the iconic PC Mahalanobis
- Dr Jitendra Singh holds talks with world leaders at the UN Ocean Conference
- #Breaking: Latest News |Today’s big news headlines | 27 June 2022 news
- Yashwant Sinha vs Draupadi Murmu: Has the opposition already lost the presidential polls?