petitioned the British Govt from Andaman Cellular Jail seeking pardon and
promising loyalty to the Govt if released, says
Justice Markendaya Katju.
has thrown further light that Sawarkar had agreed with Jinnah on the two-nation
theory. Documents further show that the Hindu Mahasabha of which Savarkar was a
leader, joined hands with Muslim League and formed coalition Govts before 1946 in Bengal, Punjab and Sind.
It is also
true that Savarkar was co-accused with Nathuram Godse in the Gandhi
assasination conspiracy case. The question of giving Bharat Ratna to such an
extremist, disputed and controversial person, without clean hands, as Savarkar
does not arise at all.
– Aurobindo Ghose,
Human Rights Activist
- Eastern equine encephalitis (EEE) virus poses emergent threat in U.S.
- Achchhe Din : Once a terror accused to get honorary D. Litt. In Lucknow
- 64 million people have COPD and 3 million people died of COPD in 2004
- BE aware : Prevent COPD Before It Starts
- Be aware : main risk factor for COPD is smoking.