Lucknow, 9 October. The Communist Party of India (ML) state unit has termed the order of the Bihar police to close the case, lodged on the direction of a Muzaffarpur court against 49 celebrities including historian Ramachandra Guha, filmmaker Shyam Benegal and Aparna Sen who wrote letter to Prime Minister Modi appealing him to intervene in the incidents of mob lynching, as a victory of public protests from across the country.
State party secretary Sudhakar Yadav said that it was
astonishing for everyone to sue eminent writers and artists who opposed mob
lynching through a letter. It was also being said that such an instance was
‘possible if Modi is there’.
He said that it was an absurd case from which message was coming out that whoever dared to protest against incidents which were embarrassing the country like mob lynching would be tortured. But against this, the police had to finally decide to close the case due to the voice of protests raised from democratic circles including other filmmakers from all over the country, and also lack of any evidence to support the case. This is a victory of the people.
- Yeh Diwali Terminator Waali! : Terminator Dark Fate will release in India in six languages
- DDLJ style Karva chauth in &TV’s Gudiya Humari Sabhi Pe Bhari
- Blood Pressure Matters : Keep Hypertension in Check
- Celebrate Dr Baba Saheb Ambedkar as hero of India’s greatest nonviolent revolution after Buddha
- Knowledge Network launched to aid State Pollution Control Boards for NCAP success