Lucknow, 9 October. The Communist Party of India (ML) state unit has termed the order of the Bihar police to close the case, lodged on the direction of a Muzaffarpur court against 49 celebrities including historian Ramachandra Guha, filmmaker Shyam Benegal and Aparna Sen who wrote letter to Prime Minister Modi appealing him to intervene in the incidents of mob lynching, as a victory of public protests from across the country.
State party secretary Sudhakar Yadav said that it was
astonishing for everyone to sue eminent writers and artists who opposed mob
lynching through a letter. It was also being said that such an instance was
‘possible if Modi is there’.
He said that it was an absurd case from which message was coming out that whoever dared to protest against incidents which were embarrassing the country like mob lynching would be tortured. But against this, the police had to finally decide to close the case due to the voice of protests raised from democratic circles including other filmmakers from all over the country, and also lack of any evidence to support the case. This is a victory of the people.
- A new platform to measure DNA modifications can have potential application in the early detection of cancer, Alzheimer’s & Parkinson’s
- #Breaking: Sardar Patel (Gujarat) Stadium renamed as Narendra Modi Stadium, Twitter trends #मोदी_मतलब_देश_चौपट
- The Sardar Patel Stadium has been renamed as Narendra Modi Stadium, taunts Justice Katju
- The whole of India should salute Mohd Aasim, and take his lead
- Only those with heads filled with gobar call cow as ‘gomata’ and venerate it: Justice Katju