New Delhi, 08th July 2019. The World Meteorological Organization (WMO) celebrates its 70thanniversary in 2020. WMO is looking for high-quality and artistic photographs of the amazing beauty and power of our weather and our environment, which, illustrate the theme of World Meteorological Day 2020, “Climate and Water.”
According to an announcement WMO said,
“The World Meteorological Organization celebrates its 70thanniversary in 2020. We, therefore, hope that our annual calendar competition will be bigger and better than ever before.
We are looking for high-quality and artistic photographs of the amazing beauty and power of our weather and our environment. We also welcome photographs which illustrate the theme of World Meteorological Day 2020, “Climate and Water.”
As a U.N. agency, we are keen to encourage a good geographical balance which represents all regions of the Earth.
Winning entries will feature in the printed WMO 2020 calendar. They will be showcased on the WMO website and social media platforms and feature prominently in 70thanniversary celebrations. We will also promote them among other U.N. agencies. There will be lots of recognition but no financial reward!
Since it was launched in 2014, the WMO calendar competition has gained in stature and recognition. The United Nations regularly features our photos. Some national meteorological and hydrological services also run their own photo contests and feed these entries to WMO.”
“WMO received many outstanding entries for the 2019 calendar and we thank everyone who participated. We really look forward to the competition for the 2020 calendar.
Take a striking photo which is related to weather, climate or water and meets our submission guidelines. Photographers may submit multiple entries, but only one photo can be included in the printed calendar. If you share your photos on your own social media profiles, use the #WMOphoto hashtag.”
Terms and Conditions.
Fill out the mandatory online ENTRY FORM and attach your photo and submit via a dedicated page on the WMO website. This is obligatory. Don’t forget a short explanatory caption and location for your image!
- New study links air pollution to increase in newborn intensive care admissions
- No evidence of rift between Einstein and Bose : claims new book
- Pak PM demonstrate sportsman spirit opens Pak airspace : Prof. Bhim Singh
- Modinama : Issues That Did Not Matter
- ‘How the dream of universalisation of education will be realised by stoking commercialisation?’: Ambarish Rai
- KBM Spices cooks with Hrithik Roshan starrer Super 30
- Historical document connected with freedom struggle Jallianwala Bagh
- WMO launches 2020 Calendar Competition
- Bombay’s Cinema and its cultural biases
- These innovations are high tech yet frugal in application